Saturday, October 12, 2013

New (renewed) Interests

Lil Fish Quilt


I really like this quilt.  I have many quilts ooozing to come out recently.  I feel the need to get back into quilting in a small way, one step at a time.

Over the years, I have learned a lot, (well, a little) about a lot of things.  Let's see:  Sheep, Spinning wool, Llamas, Dairy Goats, making cheese from goats milk, gardening, canning, and of course we had horses, but that was not a learning experience, as I have a pretty broad equine knowledge base.

I have also got a huge pull toward making quilts.  I technically, have only pieced one full quilt.  It is hand quilted by my mother (mostly) and myself (a little).  I have it hanging on the way in our living room, and I am extremely proud of that quilt.

I have made a few smaller quilts, and have some pieced blocks that clearly need to be made into a table runner or SOMETHING.

This quilt is calling me:  1) I need to start small
2) it is perfect for the drop down panel of Stevie's crate cover.  SO...I am left figuring out how it is made, since I can't find either a pattern to purchase or a tutorial.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment